HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Wet Fly, down eye
- Bronze peacock herl
- Mottled Peahen
- black hen hackle
- Whip silk down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in three peacock herls. Twist herls and silk together and bind around shank to make a fat body. Twisting the herls helps to preserve the body after it has been taken by a fish.
- Tie in hen hackle throat.
- Tie in peahen wing, slant back at 45 deg.
- Tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear or black varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]