HT's FLY PATTERNS
|Blue Winged Olive
- Dry Fly, #14-16
- Dubbing: Olive green seal's fur substitute
- Fine gold tinsel
(only on largest flies)
- Iron Blue cock hackle
- 3-6 fibres from large red cock hackle
- Whip silk down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/4 distance from eye.
- Tie in whisks (and tinsel if required) at beginning of bend. Whisks should extend from the hook by at least the length of the hook shank.
- Apply dubbing and build thin body working forward to 1/4 distance from eye.
- Wind 3-4 evenly spaced turns of tinsel ribbing over body, and tie in behind eye.
- Tie in Blue cock hackle behind eye. Allow 3-4 turns according to size of hook and intended buoyancy.
- Tie off behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]