HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Wet Fly
- Bronze peacock herl,
Black cat fur
- Black cock hackle
- Whip silk down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in peacock herl. Use cat fur guard hairs as dubbing, make a fat body, wider towards tail of shank, narrower towards head.
- cover with winds of peacock herl.
- Tie in cock hackle 1/6 distance from eye. Make only 1-2 turns, to create a sparse hackle.
- Build up head.
- Tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear or black varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]