HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Wet Fly, down eyed
- Black ostrich herl
- Bronze peacock herl
NB: REMEMBER TO REMOVE BARB FROM HOOK BEFORE FISHING d:^)
- Tie in 4 strands of peacock herl behind eye, and lay along shank of hook to make an underbody. Whip silk down shank over the herls toward bend.
- Tie in ostrich herl at bend, and wind silk back up shank.
- Wind ostrich herl closely up shank and tie in 1/6 from eye.
- Reflect the loose ends of the peacock herl forwards along the back to make the wing cases.
- Tie in behind eye. A couple of winds of black hen hackle can be added as an optional extra.
- Build up head.
- Tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear or black varnish.
- Apply several coats of varnish to the wing cases, allowing time for each coat to dry before the subsequent application.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]