|Copper Ribbed Hare's Ear
- Wide gape, Dry Fly, #12-16
- Light Brown
- Dubbing: Hare's ear
- Fine/med oval copper tinsel
- Med red cock hackle
- Med red cock hackle fibres
- Whip silk down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in whisks and tinsel.
- Dub the hare's ear forward, building up body towards thorax. Stop at 1/4 distance from eye.
- Tie in cock hackle, make 4 turns palmering down body towards tail.
- Wind ribbing forwards, trapping the hackle fibres.
- Tie in a second hackle, in front of first. Make 3-4 turns.
- Tie off behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]