HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Wet Fly, down eyed
- Brown, waxed thread
- Dubbing:Olive tapisserie wool
(Anchor code 0424)
(Weighting with lead wire optional)
- Tabby cat fur or dark hare's ear
- Long partridge hackle fibres
- Whip thread down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in 4-5 fibres from long partridge hackle. Keep tail just shorter than hook length.
- Tie in wire.
- Make body by teasing out wool and using as coarse dubbing. Start infront of tail and wind thread forward to 1/3 distance from eye.
- Rib evenly with wire.
- Use coarse fur dubbing to create fluffy thorax, mixing first few throws with the olive wool dubbing. Tie in behind eye. Use dubbing needle to pick out fibres to give impression of legs.
- Tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]