HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Partridge, Mike Weaver Arrowpoint
Barbless Dry Fly, #14-16
- Black silk
- Dubbing: grey cat fur
- Fine copper wire
- Starling wing primary
- Starling neck hackle
- Whip silk down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in fine copper wire at 1/4 distance from bend.
- Apply dubbing and build up soft body working forward to 1/4 distance from eye.
- Make 3 to 4 evenly spaced turns of copper wire, working toward the eye. Tie in.
- Take 1/3" of starling primary and roll between finger tips. Tie in infront of body.
- Tie in starling hackle in front of wing. Make 2-3 turns of the hackle only.
Correct length should clearly overlap point of hook.
- Tie off behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]