HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Wide gape, Dry Fly, #12
- Brown thread
- Dubbing: Natural wool
- Fine oval gold tinsel
- green cock hackle
- 3 fibres from cock pheasant tail
- Whip thread down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in whisks and tinsel at beginning of bend. Whisks should extend from the hook by at least the length of the hook shank.
- Dub forwards towards eye. Stop at 1/4 distance from eye.
- Rib with gold tinsel.
- Tie in cock hackle, make 4-5 turns.
- Tie off behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]