HT's FLY PATTERNS
|March Brown, silver
- Wet Fly, size #14-16
- Medium silver tinsel
- Fine silver wire
- Hen pheasant tail
- black hen hackle
- Dark partridge
- Whip silk down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in small bunch of fibres of dark partridge feather. Keep tail short
- Tie in both tinsel and wire, whip silk forward to 1/4 distance from eye.
- Wind tinsel to make body with 1/3 overlaps. Tie in.
- Wind silver wire over tinsel in equal turns. Tie in
- Tie in a few fibres of black hackle as a throat.
- Tie in wing of hen pheasant tail on top of hook behind eye.
- Tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear or black varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]