HT's FLY PATTERNS
|May Fly Spinner
- Wide gape, Dry Fly, #12
- Brown thread
- Dubbing: Natural wool
- Tying Thread
- Badger cock hackle
- 3 fibres from cock
- Tie in whisks at beginning of bend. Whisks should extend from the hook by at least the double the length of the hook shank.
- Whip thread forwards towardss eye. Stop at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Apply dubbing and build thin body working towards tail.
- Wind thread forwards again, ribbing the wool body (6-7 turns).
- (copper tinsel can also be used as a rib for this fly, especially for fishing in overcast conditions).
- Tie in Badger cock hackle, make 4 turns.
- Tie off behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]