HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Shrimp or Buzzer hook
- Light tan thread
- Underbody: fine lead wire,
white nylon baby wool
Dubbing: Ginger cat under-fur (sandy coloured)
- Fine gold wire
- starling hackle
- Nylon baby wool as above
- Whip thread down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/6 distance from eye.
- Tie in lead wire. Use 1 length of lead wire along 3/4 length of shank to form underbody, leaving 1/4 free behind eye. Treat with varnish.
- Take short length of baby wool (usually only one strand of the wool is necessary), and burn one end to form a head . Tie in baby wool along 1/2 shank to increase body taper, with burned head end extending just beyond the bend of the hook.
- Tie in brown hackle and gold wire on bend, immediately behind head (a little white wool body should be visible infront of hackle). Make 1- 2 turns of the hackle and tie off.
- Now use dubbing to finish body from behind hackle, back along shank to immediatly behind eye.
- Wind fine gold wire toward eye to rib body in 6-8 equal turns. Tie off.
- Tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]