HT's FLY PATTERNS
|Partridge & Olive Nymph
- Wet Fly, down eyed
- Brown waxed thread
- Dubbing:Olive tapisserie wool
(Anchor code 0424)
(Weighting with lead wire optional)
- Partridge hackle
- Long partridge hackle fibres
- Whip thread down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in 4-5 fibres from long partridge hackle. Keep tail just shorter than hook length.
- Tie in wire.
- Make body by teasing out wool into single thin strand and twisting. Tie in infront of tail and wind thread forward to 1/4 distance from eye. Wind wool towards eye building up nymph shaped body. Tie in.
- Rib evenly with wire. Tie in at throat.
- Tie in partridge hackle behind eye and make 2-3 turns. Hackle needs to be sparse, and should not extend far beyond hend of hook.
- Make a small head, and tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]