HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Wet Fly, down-eyed
- Black thread
- Front 1/2 - Scarlet seal's fur subst.
Rear 1/2 - Medium silver flat tinsel
- Fine oval silver tinsel
- Teal flank
- soft black hen hackle
- Golden pheasant tippets
- Whip thread down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/6 distance from eye.
- Tie in small bunch of fibres of GP tippet.
- Tie in both tinsels. Carry thread forward half length of body.
- Wind flat tinsel to make rear half of body. Tie off.
- Use scarlet fur as dubbing to build up front half of body. Tie off 1/6 from eye.
- Wind oval silver tinsel forward to rib body in equal turns. Tie off.
- Tie in hen hackle infront of body. Make 2 turns only.
- Tie in rolled teal fibres on top of hook behind eye, to make wing. Pinch black hackle downwards and under body to make throat at same time as angling the wing back over body at 30 deg
- Make head, tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear or black varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]