HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Wet Fly, down-eyed
Size #10-14 Long shank
- Primrose silk
- 3 herls from cock pheasant
centre tail feather
- Fluorescent orange floss
- Red or Coch y bondhu cock hackle
- Whip silk down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in orange floss silk. Wind thread forward and follow with floss to make tag.
- Tie in three pheasant herls. Twist herls and silk together to make a rope. Wind around shank to make a thin even body.
- Tie in cock hackle 1/8 behind eye. Make 2-3 turns. Keep sparse!
- Tie off, make small yellow head with whip finish behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]