HT's FLY PATTERNS
|Teal & Silver
- Wet Fly, down-eyed
- Black thread
- Medium silver flat tinsel
- Fine oval silver tinsel
- Teal flank
- Bright blue cock hackle
- Golden pheasant tippets
- Whip thread down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/6 distance from eye.
- Tie in 4-6 fibres of GP tippet.
- Tie in both tinsels. Carry thread forward to 1/6 from eye.
- Wind flat tinsel forward in even overlapping turns to make body. Tie off.
- Wind oval silver tinsel forward to rib body in equal turns. Tie off.
- Tie in blue hackle in front of body. Make 2 turns only.
- Tie in rolled teal fibres on top of hook behind eye, to make wing. Pinch blue hackle downwards and under body to make throat at same time as angling the wing back over body at 30 deg
- Make head, tie off with whip finish behind eye. Clear or black varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]