HT's FLY PATTERNS
- Wide gape, Dry Fly, #16
- Grey or lilac silk
- Dubbing: Natural wool,
Ram's wool (yellow)
- Med blue cock hackle
- Honey dun cock hackle fibres
- Whip silk down shank of hook toward bend, starting at 1/8 distance from eye.
- Tie in whisks.
- Dub the yellow wool forwards for 1/4 of available shank, blend in red wool, continue dubbing, blend in natural wool, continue forward. Stop at 1/4 distance from eye.
- Tie in cock hackle, make 3-4 turns.
- Tie off behind eye. Clear varnish.
Return To HT's Fly Page
[ CFFC Home Page | Glyndwr Fishery Home Page ]