ANTIQUE FISHING TACKLE
Brass Mould for Fishing Weights
||Approximate dimensions: |
Description: Brass mould in two approximately equal halves for manufacturing lead fishing weights
- 10cm x 5.5cm x 4cm
- Unknown origin
- Trademark: None
Method of Manufacture:
- A straight wire is placed longitudinally overlapping both ends
- of one half of the mould.
The mould is bound together,
- and molten lead is poured through the central aperture,
- and allowed to cool.
- For weights requiring a loop attachment rather than a central hole,
- the longitudinal wire should be twisted in a small loop to overlap
- one end of the mould, and given several kinks to set it firmly
- inside the lead.
Return To Antique Tackle List
[ HT's Home Page ]
Glyndwr Fishery Crediton Fly Fishing Club